Pella Show Contract (Dogs)
This is a contractual sales agreement for the ownership of a show quality Irish Setter. The parties to this agreement are
Michael D. Heasley (seller) and ______________________________(purchaser).
1. This dog will be owned/co-owned by the seller and the purchaser upon receipt of the purchase price of $__________,
which is due when the purchaser takes possession of the dog. If at such time the registration papers are not available, they will
be mailed as soon as possible. The seller will have access to the dog to use as a stud on any of his own bitches for no
charge. In the case of a stud service to a bitch not owned or co-owned by the seller the purchaser will receive the full stud
fee. The purchaser agrees to only use this dog at stud to quality bitches. The dog must not be neutered unless it has a serious
2. The purchaser agrees to provide general and veterinary care for the dog. Michael D. Heasley will replace the dog with a
puppy should the dog have any disqualifying fault, PRA, hip dysplasia, or any other genetically transmitted disease. This
replacement shall occur from the first litter bred or any other litter mutually agreed upon by the parties to this contract
following diagnosis by a licensed veterinarian, and proof of spaying/neutering of original dog or return of original dog.
3. The purchaser agrees that the animal will be kept and maintained in the home of the purchaser with proper feeding, care,
shelter and a fenced yard. The purchasers further agrees to attend one series of obedience classes and to educate themselves
in the characteristics of the breed in order to fully understand the habits, history, and advantages of Irish Setter ownership.
4. The purchaser agrees to adhere to the heath guidelines supplied at the time of purchase. If these guidelines are not followed
the health guarantees in this contract become null and void.
5. The seller(s) guarantee that this animal is in good health. A health record will be supplied at the time the buyer takes
possession of the animal. Purchaser agrees to have this animal examined by a licensed veterinarian within 48 hours of taking
possession. If the puppy's health is found to be unsatisfactory within 48 hours of the veterinarian's examination, it may be
returned for a full refund. If for any reason the purchaser can no longer keep the puppy/dog, the puppy/dog will be returned
to Michael D. Heasley and he will place the puppy and give the purchaser the difference between the sale price and the
expenses of placing the dog.
6. The purchaser agrees to show this puppy for conformation and, if possible, to the completion of its AKC & championship,
at the expense of the purchaser.
7. This agreement is made and signed by both parties to assure the well being and protection of this animal and to help assure
the continued soundness and quality of the Irish Setter breed. No part of this contract is transferable, any and all litigation that
may take place will occur within the state Michael D. Heasley resides.
Michael D. Heasley (Seller)________________________________________ ________________
__________________________ _____________________________________ __________
(Print Name) (Buyer) (Signature) (Date)
This is a sample contract for a male Pella Show Quality Puppy. Parts of this contract may be negotiable, so if you
have difficulty accepting a certain provision of the contract please ask about it.