Pella Pet Puppy Contracts
This is a contractual sales agreement for the ownership of a pet quality Irish Setter. The parties to this agreement are Michael
D. Heasley (seller) and_________________________________(purchaser).
1. Ownership shall be transferred to the purchaser upon the receipt of the total selling price in cash or certified check, which is
due when the purchaser takes possession of the dog. If at such time the individual registration papers are not available, they
will be mailed as soon as possible.
2. All pet puppies will be sold with limited registrations.
3. The seller(s) guarantee that this animal is in good health. Purchaser agrees to have this animal examined by a licensed
veterinarian within 48 hours of taking possession. If the puppy's health is found to be unsatisfactory within 48 hours of the
veterinarian's examination, it may be returned for a full refund.
4. The purchaser agrees to provide general and veterinary care for the dog. Seller(s) will replace the dog with a puppy
should the dog have any genetically transmitted disease that prevents it from being a sound healthy pet. This replacement shall
occur from the first litter bred or any other litter mutually agreed upon by the parties to this contract following diagnosis by a
5. The purchaser agrees that the animal will be kept and maintained in the home of the purchaser with proper feeding, care,
shelter and a fenced yard. The purchasers further agrees to attend one series of obedience classes and to educate themselves
in the characteristics of the breed in order to fully understand the habits, history, and advantages of Irish Setter ownership.
6. The purchaser agrees to adhere to the heath guidelines supplied at the time of purchase. If these guidelines are not
followed this contract becomes null and void.
7. If for any reason the purchaser can no longer keep the puppy/dog, the puppy/dog will be returned to Michael D. Heasley
and he will place the puppy and give the purchaser the difference between the sale price and board.
8. This agreement is made and signed by both parties to assure the well being and protection of this animal and to help assure
the continued soundness and quality of the Irish Setter breed. No part of this contract is transferable, any and all litigation that
may take place will occur within the state Michael D. Heasley resides.
Michael D. Heasley (Seller)________________________________________ ________________
__________________________ _____________________________________ __________
(Print Name) (Buyer) (Signature) (Date)